Q: I’m not a grandparent. Can I be a member?
Q: What does it cost to join?
Q: What are requirements of membership?
- Sign up for weekly emails with current information about issues related to gun violence.
- Attend informational meetings
– 4th Monday of the month at 4PM at Colonial Church in Prairie Village
- Follow our Facebook page.
- Recruit additional members.
- Volunteer for Lock it for Love or other activities.
- Write letters to the editor giving your point of view.
Q: What’s your position on the Second Amendment to the U.S. Constitution?
Q: Do you collaborate with other like-minded groups?
A: Yes. Our Heartland Coalition Against Gun Violence comprises more than two dozen government, social service, healthcare and nonprofit groups who work under that umbrella to sponsor an annual Community Forum as well as events for Sandy Hook Remembrance Day and Gun Violence Awareness Day. We are the Missouri affiliate of States United to Prevent Gun Violence and partner on some activities with the local chapter of Moms Demand Action for Gunsense in America, and Women’s Voices Raised for Social Justice.